Top 5 Reasons-Test Your Home for Asbestos
- This deadly substance is very harmful once disturbed, people planning a home renovation may have to knock down a wall, remove some linoleum or install pot lights in a ceiling that has popcorn texture, all of these area may contain asbestos. Check out the blog “what to do if you find asbestos in your home”
- If you ever have a water damage or sewage backup (knock on wood), walls and flooring may need to come out or ceilings, testing these areas will ensure no delays if this unfortunate event happens to you, this link is the standard procedures for water damage restoration.http://iicrc.org/standards/iicrc-s500/
- If you are planning on selling your home in the future, whether or not your home contains asbestos is a very common question and the presence of this substance has blown many a sale due to the cost of abatement. Check out this article, half way down it talks about asbestos when selling, http://www.cahpi.bc.ca/frequently-asked-questions
- Not to try and scare anyone but check out how many people die each year from asbestos related diseases, many are from lack of knowledge about this harmful substancehttp://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs343/en/index.html
- It’s inexpensive, relatively speaking, to check, 1, 2 or 3 samples can give you peace of mind or help you plan for the future so there are no surprises.
Amity Environmental regularly does asbestos testing, usually the turnaround is 24hrs and we use a credited lab, we don’t want any mistakes made in the analysis process.
This article was written by Jason Rorke. Visit Jason on Google+